The head of "Construction operation and geotechnical engineering" department, PNRPU Prof. Andrey Ponomarev visited University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany. During business trip the professor gave two master classes for students of civil engineering faculty. There were several topic covered during the class:
- Geotechnical aspects of geosynthetic materials application in Russia. The results of researches;
- The main approaches on design of the pile foundations in Russia and their harmonization with Eurocode 7.
There was organized a meeting with the vice-rector of the University of Applied Sciences Prof. Yongjian Ding, who is in charge of educational process and international cooperation, and also there was a talk with the head of the international office Franziska Buddy.
During a meeting there were discussed prospects for further cooperation:
- The organizing of Summer school for students of PNRPU at Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal in 2019, due to financial support of the German foundation (DAAD);
- The organization of students group of PNRPU for the short term visit to Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal in 2019, due to financial support of DAAD foundation;
- Submission of the joint application on scientific cooperation of ERASMUS+.
Prof. Ponomarev visited educational and scientific laboratories of the Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal and met with academic researchers and lecturers both civil engineering faculty and hydraulic engineering transport faculty. Also Prof. Ponomarev visited grade-crossing elimination structure near the railway of Magdeburg station and one of the central streets of Ernst-Royter-Alley.